We are a busy restaurant and have an open role for host/hostess. You will greet guests as they enter and show them to their table or waiting area. You will also engage with guests to ensure their meal is as good as it should be. To do well in this role you should be comfortable standing for long periods and managing a very busy shift.Essential Functions:
- Greeting guests as they enter, putting them on a waiting list as necessary.
- Providing guests with menus and answering any initial questions.
- Seating guests at tables or in waiting areas.
- Assigning guests to tables they prefer, while keeping table rotation in mind so that servers receive the right number of customers.
- Responding to complaints and helping to resolve them.
- Answering phone calls, taking reservations, and answering questions.
- Provide help with menu questions (must know menu and ingredients).
- Helping out with other positions in the restaurant as needed.
- Providing great customer service.
How to Apply
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience in face-to-face customer service role.
- Ability to provide top-notch customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- A positive attitude and ability to work well under pressure with all restaurant staff.
- Does high-quality work while unsupervised.
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food when necessary.
- Willing to follow instructions and ask questions for clarification if needed.
- Able to handle money accurately and operate a point-of-sale system.
- Able to work in a busy restaurant environment.
If you are interested in this position, please download the below application and make it complete then share with us at firstname.lastname@example.org